June 03, 2006

Love for Sanskrit

I learnt Sanskrit as my second-language for a few years in high-school. Though I was aware of the greatness of this language, I just treated it as a subject of study. Recently, I wanted to learn more of Sanskrit, and get versatile with it. I am on a lookout for a very good Sanskrit-learning book at Amazon. I indeed have a great affection for this language.

Just to express the glory of Sanskrit, here is a borrowed excerpt from 'A Tribute to Hinduism' site.

Sanskrit (meaning "cultured or refined"), the classical language of Hinduism, is the oldest and the most systematic language in the world. The vastness and the versatility, and power of expression can be appreciated by the fact that this language has 65 words to describe various forms of earth, 67 words for water, and over 250 words to describe rainfall.

Sanskrit is also known as the language that is most convenient for computer software programming. May be this is one of the several reasons why India produces tons of Software Engineers every year than any other country in the world.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

酒店經紀PRETTY GIRL 台北酒店經紀人 ,禮服店 酒店兼差PRETTY GIRL酒店公關 酒店小姐 彩色爆米花酒店兼職,酒店工作 彩色爆米花酒店經紀, 酒店上班,酒店工作 PRETTY GIRL酒店喝酒酒店上班 彩色爆米花台北酒店酒店小姐 PRETTY GIRL酒店上班酒店打工PRETTY GIRL酒店打工酒店經紀 彩色爆米花