August 15, 2003

THE JOURNEY OF SEVERAL MILES STARTS WITH A SINGLE STEP

Today, I had my orientation session from 9.00 AM to 5.00 in the evening, and it marked my starting point to my Academic life at UTD. It was well organized and it gave me a lot of info about the general procedures at UTD & the US customs, and facilitated me to meet several new students (most of them are either from Bombay or Hyderabad).

They also provided us with free breakfast and lunch. The American kind of food is funny, but stuffy. It comprises a lot of fresh or semi-baked vegetables, fruits, baked corn, pizzas, bread sticks, veg-fried rice, stuffed capsicums and glasses of Coke. I had a campus tour soon after the orientation session got over.

When I came home, Rajesh anna had just arrived from Deteroit. He had his shower and we all went to the MALL (the biggest one in Dallas). It was interesting…. I had a big cone ice-cream, which was delicious. I never happened to have such a kind of ice cream in India and then, I had the burger on our way back home.

0 Comments: