September 20, 2005

Eclipse platform

The Eclipse IDE for Java is a revolutionized approach of gaining great long-term success for IBM. I was wondering why would IBM spend millions of dollars into development of an open-source free product without a gain. I knew they would definitely gain... but wondered how?

I attended a seminar at my school (UTD) lectured by one of the staff from IBM. This seminar clarified my doubts, and also provided insight into the architecture of Eclipse. The Eclipse also formed a platform on which several of the IBM products were built. Hence, any eclipse user would be comfortable working with most of the IBM products.

I appreciate the component oriented approach in the making of Eclipse IDE. It follows a perfect layered architecture, and hence can be used as a RAD (Rapid Application Development) tool. I am a great fan of Java and Eclipse, and I would like to thank IBM a million times for the promotion of those two.

I also came to know the reason why IBM came up with "Eclipse" as the name for the IDE. Do you know why??? Shall let you know later.

Category: [Just Blogging]

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

酒店經紀PRETTY GIRL 台北酒店經紀人 ,禮服店 酒店兼差PRETTY GIRL酒店公關 酒店小姐 彩色爆米花酒店兼職,酒店工作 彩色爆米花酒店經紀, 酒店上班,酒店工作 PRETTY GIRL酒店喝酒酒店上班 彩色爆米花台北酒店酒店小姐 PRETTY GIRL酒店上班酒店打工PRETTY GIRL酒店打工酒店經紀 彩色爆米花