September 13, 2004

ATTITUDE IS WHAT MATTERS !

I found this interesting paragraph while reading thru the introduction pages of Rod Johnson's book titled "J2EE Design and Development". He was refering to his personal approach and attitude towards problem-solving & software development in this world of Computers (programming).

  • I'm a pragmatist. I care about outcomes more than ideology. When I work
    on a project, my primary goal is to deliver a quality result on time and budget.
    The technology that I use is a tool towards that goal, and not an end in
    itself.
  • I believe sound OO principles should underpin J2EE
    development.
  • I believe that maintainability is crucial to the value of any
    deliverable
  • I try to avoid religious positions.

I get the feeling that all Computer programmers / developers need to have the same attitude towards their projects.

0 Comments: